Q &A

• Question says:

I’ve just read Too Close To Home and Never Say Goodbye, if she’d both books within three days, I iust couldn’t put the down!! What would you recommend for my next read?

• Susan Lewis says:

Why don’t you try Behind Closed Doors. :)

• Question says:

I have read several of your books that only have about 60 pages. They are under the name of Clara James. I would like to buy the rest of these so I can finish the stories. Barnes & Noble carries some of them in paperback, but other stories are not found on B & N site. None are e-reader books. I can only find partial stories of about 60 pages. B & N says this is a publishing company problem.Amazon has them for the Kindle, but I have a Nook. Is this problem going to be fixed? I want to keep reading your books, but I won’t if I can never finish the stories. There is no point in reading the beginning of the stories. I hope the e-books can be found on B & N site before I forget about them. Thanks

• Susan Lewis says:

I’m afraid there has been some confusion, as I’ve never written under the name of Clara James. I don’t have books that are 60 pages long either. I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful.

• Question says:

i have read darkest longings and ts really an interesting book u wrote…so i was wondering if you have another book similar to it coz i have a problem looking for similar books….thanx in advance

• Susan Lewis says:

I don’t have another book set in France at that time, but A French Affair is set in Burgundy, Obsession is also partly set in France, as are Summer Madness and Last Resort. If it is an adventure/love story you’re after, maybe you could try Dance While You Can. I hope that helps and thank you very much for your interest.

• Question says:

I have just finished reading ‘To close to home’
    Did you write this book because you knew someone who was being bullied ??
    I was so engrossed I honestly couldn’t put it down. I would hope that whoever reads it, if they are in trouble that this book helps. Especially a teenager.
    Also Susan thank you for being so accessible to your readers.
    Erica Hutchinson

• Susan Lewis says:

Thank you, Erica, for this very kind message about Too Close to Home. No, I didn’t know anyone who was being bullied when I wrote it, but I was bullied myself for a while as a child, and it’s become so much more prevalent in recent years, particularly with social media, that it seemed an appropriate subject to write about. Thank you again for your very positive comments.

• Question says:

I have now read five of your books & wonder if you are a Christian or searching? There are threads running through all the books I’ve read which question the existence of God.
    But I would like to say how brilliant you are at really getting into the core of how people feel & react to trauma. I especially related to “Never Say Goodbye” as I had breast cancer 20yrs ago & I could fully identify with how Josie felt particularly when she first realised she had cancer. You described it better than I could have expressed.
    I intend to work my way through all your books now

• Susan Lewis says:

Thank you, Jenny, for such lovely words especially about Never Say Goodbye. It’s very good to hear that your own experience is so far behind you. I really hope you enjoy my other books as you work your way through them.

• Question says:

Ah ok not to worry! thank you for getting back to me.
    I absolutely loved the book!
    No I haven’t tried those ones but I’ll make sure I do!

• Question says:

Hello, I have recently just finished reading The Choice, will there be a possible sequel? I really enjoyed the book and would love a second!

• Susan Lewis says:

No, I’m afraid there isn’t a sequel, but it’s lovely that you cared so much for the characters that you would like there to be one.
      Have you tried No Child of Mine and Don’t Let Me Go? This is a pair of books that you might also enjoy.

Hi,

It’s testing again. I’m just trying to show that it’s working.

Hi Susan,
    I’m a bit confused about something regarding the books that run in sequence: Silent truths, Wicked beauty, Intimate strangers and The hornbeam tree. Here on the website they are shown in 2 different orders and i was checking on wikipedia your books by release date, and these 4 books are released in a different order than the 2 orders shown on the website. So basically, I don’t know in which order to read them. I have them all but I’m afraid to start reading one of them in case it’s not the first one and i spoil it. Can you please tell me which is the correct order? Thank you so much.
    By the way, I simply adore your books and they way you write.

• Susan Lewis says:

You have the order correct at the start of your message. Sorry about the confusion further down the books page, I’m assured that is now being addressed.
      Thank you so much for pointing this out, and for your very kind comments about my books.

• Question says:

I cannot gethold of a copy of your book called”just one more day”in south africa.I have tried exclusive books,but to no avail.Can you refer me to someone ?
    I have read all your books and cannot wait for the next one to arrive!

Lorraine

• Susan Lewis says:

Hi Lorraine, I am going to hope that this book will be available by next month when I come to SA to take part in the book fair. I will email publishers ahead of time to check on this. Thank you so much for your interest. Hopefully this will be resolved very soon.

• Question says:

Hi Susan I have read many of your books and enjoyed them all. When is your new book Never Say Goodbye come out in paperback as I would like to take it on holiday with me. I go away on the 16th June

• Susan Lewis says:

I’m afraid the paperback publication date isn’t until Aug 14th, so not in time for your holidays. However, I do hope it’ll be just as welcome later in the summer as if it were coming out in June.

• Question says:

Will there be a follow up to last resort? It’s such a breathtaking story I would love to know what happens to penny and David and of course the other characters – I feel this story has legs and many possibilities

• Susan Lewis says:

Thank you for your lovely comments and support of Last Resort. I’m afraid there isn’t a follow up book, but I’m never one to rule anything out for the future.

Hi Susan,
    I have counted 33 books on your site is that the total number you have written. I have 20 of them just wondering how many more to the set.

• Susan Lewis says:

Yes, that would be the correct number. They are all featured on this website. How lovely that you’re collecting the set. You’re going to need a rather long shelf I’m afraid, but hopefully you’ll feel it’s worth it!

• Question says:

Hi Susan, have just finished ‘Losing You’ another great book, will there be a follow on to this story? I have read a lot of your books and love every one of them. Anne

• Susan Lewis says:

Hi Anne, I’m so thrilled that you enjoyed this book enough to want a follow up. However, I’m afraid there isn’t one at this time. Don’t let’s rule it out though, because you never know!!!

• Question says:

Hi Susan have just finished don’t let me go and just like no child of mine I was hooked from the first chapter.is there or will there be a follow up. I need to know how they get on in New Zealand :)

• Susan Lewis says:

Hi Bev, I’m afraid there isn’t a follow up in New Zealand, but it’s lovely to know that you cared enough about the family to want to know more. The time needed to research and write a book in place so far away from my home doesn’t allow me to do a third at this time, but I’m not going to rule it out for the future.

Ask Susan A Question